Copyrights and trademarks aren't a sexy topic—and not one that business owners usually consider until they're faced with a copycat. And then it can potentially be very, very expensive. In today's episode, I chat with Riz Amin from Foundd Legal about the legal side of copycats, and how to prevent them from striking!
– Understanding when copying becomes a copyright infringement
– Some practical steps you can take to prevent copycats
– Trademarks vs copyright, and how best to use these in your business
– Tips for addressing copyright infringement if you find a copycat
– How to avoid accidental copying in your business
– The new world of AI & Chat-GPT and the copyright minefield this can present
You can find Riz at https://www.instagram.com/founddlegal/ and check out her website at https://founddlegal.com/ to access a copy of The Copycat Kit