Amy Porterfield is the online course creation, list building and webinar queen. She has been a big inspiration for me, and her Digital Course Academy program is a big part of why I shifted from client work to a digital product-based business. When it comes to creating an online course, Amy Porterfield is a fountain of knowledge, and in this episode she’s sharing some of her biggest tips for creating an online course.
Download Amy Porterfield’s free Ultimate Course Creation Starter Kit: http://stephtaylor.co/ap
Take Amy’s free quiz – What type of online course should you create? http://stephtaylor.co/quiz
Blog post: Digital Course Academy Review.
Blog post: How to create an online course
Thinking of enrolling in Amy's course? Here are the Best Digital Course Academy Bonuses in 2019.
Some of the things we covered in this interview:
- Amy Porterfield’s journey from corporate to running a 7-figure business, and some of her key learnings along the way.
- The very first course launch that Amy did, why it flopped and what you can learn from her mistakes.
- The key reasons you need to push past your fears in order to create and launch a successful online course, and how creating an online course can change your business (and your life!)
- Why creating an online course isn’t for everybody, and who the people Amy sees having the most success with course creation are.
- Amy Porterfield’s tips on how to overcome impostor syndrome when creating and launching a course.
- The biggest mistakes Amy sees business owners making when it comes to digital course creation.
The big takeaways
- You don't need to be an expert in the course topic you're teaching – you just need to have a 10% edge. That is, you only need to be 10% ahead of your students and you need to have proven results in that area.
- If your course is brand new, you can get results by either working one-on-one with clients and friends, or by getting results for yourself.
- Creating an online course can position you as the expert in your field – whether you want it to or not!
- Why you need to start building an email list before your course launch, and how you can build your email list and create your course at the same time.
- Why you don't need to create multiple courses and how you can build a million-dollar business around just one signature course.