Get my Daily Biz Boosters: Bite-sized tips for growing a business that's profitable and brings you so much joy.
Bite-sized lessons in building an online business that feels good.
Imperfect Action Podcast
The Digital Product Kickstart Kit: Your guide to creating and launching a digital product that sells.
I help online entrepreneurs (like YOU!) launch and relaunch digital products and podcasts to reach more people, grow their audience and become the go-to geniuses in their industry
Hi, I'm Steph
Clare Wood on creating intentional profit in your business
March 6, 2023
Clare Wood is a money mentor, author and qualified CPA who is passionate about teaching business owners all about profit and the concepts of money magic. In this episode, Clare and I chat about the importance of profit—not just sales—in your business and her 6 Profit Pillars.
In today's episode, we chat about:
– Why top-line sales aren't a reliable indicator of your business performance
– Identifying inefficiencies in your business and when it's okay to take a profit hit to grow
– Why it's important to separate your personal finances from your business finances
– Identifying common expenses that can lead to an unprofitable business
– The importance of factoring in tax payments into your cashflow budget
– Deep diving into Clare's six Intentional Profit Pillars
You can find Clare at https://clarewood.com and follow the links to tune into her podcast and grab a copy of her book, Intentional Profit.
Episodes referred to in this episode:
– https://listen.stephtaylor.co/467 – Denise Duffield-Thomas on money mindset, launching and scaling to a multi-million dollar biz by doubling down on one product